Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career by Herminia Ibarra (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Successful Career Changers Turn Fantasy into Reality Whether as a daydream or a spoken desire, nearly all of us have entertained the tion of reinventing ourselves. Feeling unfulfilled, burned out, or just plain unhappy with what we're doing, we long to make that leap into the unkwn. But we also hold on, white-knuckled, to the years of time and effort we've invested in our current profession. In this powerful book, Herminia Ibarra presents a new model for career reinvention that flies in the face of everything we've learned from career experts. While common wisdom holds that we must first kw what we want to do before we can act, Ibarra argues that this advice is backward. Kwing, she says, is the result of doing and experimenting. Career transition is t a straight path toward some predetermined identity, but a crooked journey along which we try on a host of possible selves we might become. Based on her in-depth research on professionals and managers in transition, Ibarra outlines an active process of career reinvention that leverages three ways of working identity : experimenting with new professional activities, interacting in new networks of people, and making sense of what is happening to us in light of emerging possibilities. Through engrossing stories--from a literature professor turned stockbroker to an investment banker turned velist--Ibarra reveals a set of guidelines that all successful reinventions share. She explores specific ways that hopeful career changers of any background can: Explore possible selves Craft and execute identity experiments Create small wins that keep momentum going Survive the rocky period between career identities Connect with role models and mentors who can ease the transition Make time for reflection--without missing out on windows of opportunity Decide when to abandon the old path in order to follow the new Arrange new events into a coherent story of who we are becoming. A call to the dreamer in each of us, Working Identity explores the process for crafting a more fulfilling future. Where we end up may surprise us.
- Author BiographyHerminia Ibarra is Professor of Organizational Behavior at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France.
- Author(s)Herminia Ibarra
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Weight348 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.