All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique volume offers a comprehensive discussion of essential theoretical and methodological issues concerning the pivotal role of working memory in second language learning and processing. The collection opens with a foreword and introductory theoretical chapters written by leading figures in the field of cognitive psychology. Following these are three research sections containing chapters providing original data and invative insights into the dynamic and complex relationships between working memory and specific areas of second language processing, instruction, performance and development. Each section concludes with a commentary which is written by a ted SLA researcher and which charts the course for future research. This book provides a fascinating collection of perspectives on the relationship between working memory and second language learning and will appeal to those interested in the integration of cognitive psychology with SLA research.
- Author BiographyZhisheng (Edward) Wen is Associate Professor at the School of Languages and Translation at Macao Polytechnic Institute. He has been lecturing in key universities in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao for over 15 years and has researched and published extensively in second language acquisition, psycholinguistics and other areas of applied linguistics. Mailce Borges Mota is Professor in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at the Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil and a research fellow of the prestigious Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq). Her research focuses on the relationship between language processing and memory systems. Arthur McNeill is Director of the Center for Language Education and Associate Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Science at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He has research expertise and publications in key areas of applied linguistics, SLA, teacher education and vocabulary teaching and learning.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byArthur McNeill,Mailce Borges Mota,Zhisheng (Edward) Wen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.