All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrades 3-6. This new training program features a collection of 31 captivating folktales for teaching social skills to elementary students. It emphasizes written language (reading and writing), expressive language (role playing), and receptive language (storytelling). Although this curriculum stands alone, the authors suggest that it can be used as an extension of their recent publication for younger students-- Taking Part: Introducing Social Skills to Children (Pre K-Grade 3) . Working Together 's lessons and activities are divided into five units: Making Conversation and Expressing Feelings Cooperating with Peers Playing with Peers Responding to Conflict and Aggression Performing in the Classroom Appendixes provide 64 reproducible blackline masters, posters listing the skill steps for each skill, a parent letter for each unit, and self-assessment forms that students can use to rate their own progress. A CD is included with the manual. It contains printable PDFs of the stories, reproducible student handouts, and program forms.
- Author BiographyDr Gwendolyn Cartledge , Ph.D., is a professor at The Ohio State University, USA School of Physical Activity and Educational Services, special education programs. Her professional teaching, research, and writings have centered on students with mild disabilities, the development of social skills, and early intervention and prevention of learning and behavior problems through effective instruction. James Kleefeld , M.Ed., has taught students from kindergarten to postgraduate level for Cleveland Public Schools and Cleveland State University, USA. He has written 10 books for the entertainment field and is a regular contributor to several magazines. He regularly presents educationally significant programs on character and antibullying in elementary schools.
- Author(s)Gwendolyn Cartledge,James Kleefeld
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.