All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of interagency cooperation within children's services has been highlighted within recent government strategy, including the Every Child Matters agenda, the development of Children's Centres and the expansion of Extended Schools. Following tragic cases such as Victoria Climbie, the need for effective multi-disciplinary teamwork and interagency co-operation across all education and care settings remains as pressing as ever. Working Together in Children's Services addresses a range of theoretical perspectives and contexts to stimulate students and practitioners critical thinking about the issues of multi-agency working. The book provides the reader with a critical framework for understanding both new and future developments and explores key issues like: * The tion of working together and what it means in practice * The benefits and barriers of multi-agency work * Current policy and requirements for successful interdisciplinary working * Essential skills for inter-professional teamwork. As modules on multi-professional working become increasingly common, the book will provide core reading for all students of Early Childhood Studies, Initial Teacher Education and Foundation Degrees in the Early Years. By showing how to develop successful multi-agency partnerships, it is also highly relevant for teachers and practitioners working across children's services.
- Author BiographyDamien Fitzgerald is Senior Lecturer in Early Childhood and Associate Director of the Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at Sheffield Hallam University. Janet Kay is Principal Lecturer in Early Childhood Studies at Sheffield Hallam University. Her professional background is in social work with children and families.
- Author(s)Damien Fitzgerald,Janet Kay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.