All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionManaging difficult employees is one of the most challenging aspects of a headteacher's job. Working With and Evaluating Difficult School Employees is designed to help educational leaders learn and apply specific techniques and strategies for effectively dealing with difficult school employees. Drawing on their extensive experiences in working productively with marginal, deficient, and downright difficult school employees, John F. Eller and Sheila Eller provide essential information and proven strategies to help administrators improve their leadership skills and competencies in dealing with employees who may have negative attitudes, display a lack of awareness about their behaviour, blame others for problems, or are marginal performers. This resource opens each chapter with an overview of the content, offers a summary with questions for reflection, and presents easy-to-understand concepts, actual stories and vignettes, and abundant templates, bullet points, and key points throughout. A ready reference that allows readers to go to the specific section that meets their immediate needs, the book outlines: the nature of difficult employees; skills and tools for confronting the behaviours of difficult employees and achieving successful results; self-protection techniques for handling emotionally-draining encounters while staying on track with an improvement agenda; and, specific strategies for working with teachers, paraprofessionals and teaching assistants, administrative assistants and office staff, and custodians.
- Author BiographyJohn Eller has had a variety of experiences in working with adults over the years he has been in education. His experiences include work educational leaders at Virginia Tech University, developing teacher leaders in a Maters program, serving as the Executive Director of Minnesota ASCD, work as a principal's training center director, a position as an assistant superintendent for curriculum, learning, and staff development, and several principal positions in a variety of settings. In addition to the work he does in training and supporting facilitators, John also does work in the areas of dealing with difficult people, building professional learning communities, employee evaluation, conferencing skills, coaching skills, strategic planning strategies, school improvement planning and implementation, differentiated instruction, leadership for differentiation, employee recruitment, selection, and induction, supervisory skills, and effective teaching strategies. He has his PhD. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies from Loyola University-Chicago and his MS in Educational Leadership from the University of Nebraska-Omaha. John has authored books on substitute teaching, wrote The Training Video Series for the Professional School Bus Driver, The principals' Guide to Custodial Supervision contributes articles for the publication Superintendents Only. He wrote Effective Group Facilitation in Education: How to Energize Meetings and Manage Difficult Groups, and co-authored So Now You're the Superintendent, the best selling, Energizing Staff Meetings and Creative Strategies to Improve School Culture all through Corwin Press. Sheila Eller has worked in a multitude of educational settings during her career. In addition to her current position as a principal in the Fairfax County Virginia Public Schools, she has served as a middle school principal in the Moundsview Minnesota School District, as a principal in other schools in Minnesota and Illinois, as a university professor, as a Special Education Teacher, a Title I Math Teacher, and a self-contained classroom teacher in grades 1-4. Sheila has also been a member of the Executive Board of Minnesota ASCD and has been a regional president of the Minnesota Association of Elementary School Principals. She has advanced coursework in educational administration and supervision from St. Cloud State University, her Master's Degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, and a Bachelors Degree from Iowa State University. Sheila is a regular presenter at the ASCD National Conventions sharing her expertise on the topic of effective staff meetings and multiage instruction. While she served as a professor at National-Louis University in Evanston Illinois, she worked on the development team for a classroom mathematics series that was adopted by several districts in the region. Her classroom and instructional techniques were featured on a video that was produced as a complement to this series. She works with educators in developing energized staff meetings, school improvement initiatives, multiage teaching strategies, employee supervision, and other teaching and learning content areas. In addition to this book, Sheila co-authored the best-selling Energizing Staff Meetings and Creative Strategies to Improve School Climate. through Corwin Press.
- Author(s)John P. Eller,Sheila A. Eller
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.