Working on a Dream: The Progressive Political Vision of Bruce Springsteen by David Masciotra (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.04+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking On a Dream is powerful and engaging study of this songwriter and performer's art. Springsteen has consistently summoned his creative power and artistic vision to indict political developments and demand the cultivation of a more compassionate and progressive society. For almost four decades, Bruce Springsteen's music has directly inspired, influenced, and uplifted millions of devoted fans, who hold a special place in their hearts and minds for his work. Springsteen's rise to the top of American music coincided with the triumph of American conservatism, and the veneration of marketplace values above democratic principles and humanistic priorities. Springsteen has consistently summoned his creative power and artistic vision to indict these political developments and demand the cultivation of a more compassionate and progressive society. And yet his often harsh critique of the status quo and radical ideas for reform have either been igred or misunderstood, as a result of his 'All American' image and his narrative storytelling style. On nearly every major issue - poverty, racism, urban decay, war, and peace - Springsteen's music has offered a unique vision for moving forward with the agenda of creating the 'country we carry in our hearts' - as he called it in an op-ed for the New York Times . Filled with provocative analysis of Springsteen's best kwn hits and his most obscure songs, comparisons to other important works of American culture - ranging from The Sopras to Edward Hopper - and a wealth of information about the last fifty years of American politics, culture, and society, Working On a Dream is a powerful and engaging study of this songwriter and performer's art.
- Author BiographyDavid Masciotra is a political columnist with the Herald News in Joliet, IL. On the web, he has written for PopMatters and Nerve, and lives in Dyer, Indiana.
- Author(s)David Masciotra
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight431 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.52Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.33Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.