All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with the bereaved can be challenging and emotionally draining, and yet practitioners from a range of disciplines are routinely required to support their clients through this difficult time. Working with Bereavement offers a practical handbook to support those working with the bereaved, whatever the setting. Equipping readers with the kwledge and skills they need, it explores key theories and models, communication skills and practical and professional issues. The book goes on to look closely at varying types and degrees of bereavement, including sudden death, the death of a child, multiple deaths and suicide. Through the use of clear links to practice and vivid case material, this book brings practical issues to life for the reader. Whether you work in a counselling, nursing or social care setting, this is a must-have guide to working with people experiencing loss and grief.
- Author BiographyJanet Lynn Wilson is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. She has worked for over 30 years as a healthcare professional. She is also a psychotherapist with many years' experience as a counsellor, group facilitator and supervisor of those involved in supporting the bereaved. She has recently completed research into nursing staff responses to patient death and has published papers on this and related topics.
- Author(s)Janet Wilson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note3 figures, 2 tables, 59 boxes.
- Weight258 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.