All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with Children and Adolescents in Residential Care: A Strengths-Based Approach is written for professionals who work with children and youth in out of home placements, be they social services workers, child welfare or family court workers, educators, or mental health professionals in general. The book offers an approach that professionals can use to positively impact the lives of young people in residential facilities. The book emphasizes the strengths and abilities of young people from the assessment phase of treatment through discharge, and helps readers to take into account the views and actions of youth in order to provide clients appropriate services. This new volume includes sections on principles of effective youth care work, personal philosophy, positive youth development, teamwork, staffings, and crisis management.
- Author BiographyBob Bertolino, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling at Maryville University, Missouri, USA, and Senior Clinical Advisor at Youth In Need, Inc. He is also a Senior Associate for the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE), and he maintains a private practice and provides consultation and training.
- Author(s)Bob Bertolino
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.