All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with Children in the Early Years is an accessible introduction to early years theories, policy and practice, offering practitioners in a diverse range of settings the opportunity to develop their kwledge, understanding and skills for working with young children. This fully updated second edition builds on new government agendas and interests in supporting quality provision for young children and their families. Bringing together current research and thinking in a broad range of areas, it covers: * the diversity of practitioner roles and multi-agency working * working with families * listening to children * observing and assessing * developing professional roles * health and well being * curriculum and pedagogy * the importance of play and learning in the early years All contributions are strongly practical and underpinned by relevant theory, and will support students and practitioners studying in the field of early years and early childhood studies as well as those aiming to achieve Early Years Professional Status. The book will also appeal to training providers, equipping them with a valuable and unique source to support a range of early years courses.
- Author BiographyCarrie Cable is Senior Lecturer in Education at The Open University and Director of a DCSF funded research project into language learning in primary schools. Linda Miller is Emeritus Professor of Early Years at The Open University. Gill Goodliff is Senior Lecturer and Head of Awards for Early Years at The Open University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCarrie Cable,Gill Goodliff,Linda Miller
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.