Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the concepts and practices of feminist literary criticism, this constantly challenging workbook t only makes the connection between women's writing and women's lives but breaks new ground in enabling students to apply critical concepts and to feel more at ease with the texts common to feminist literary theory. Based on extraordinarily wide-ranging material gathered over many years by the UK's leading specialist, the workbook embodies the best of current teaching in this field. The emphasis throughout the workbook is on taking the reader more deeply into the issues raised, rather than on finding 'correct' answers. Active participation is stimulated as the reader is asked to investigate, discuss and evaluate the exciting and representative texts presented by the author.Each clearly-focused section: engages the reader with direct questions and specific tasks; provides a rich variety of materials and approaches; and includes suggestions for further reading and research. Working with Feminist Criticism will be essential reading for students of Literary Theory, Women's Studies and Cultural Studies and an indispensable tool for teachers. Integrated into taught courses, it will provide an excellent basis for seminar discussion and small group activities.
- Author BiographyMary Eagleton is Senior Lecturer in English and Women's Studies at the University College of Ripon and York St John. She has been closely involved in the development of feminist criticism and Women's Studies and is known for her contributions to this field. She is the editor of Feminist Literary Theory: A Reader (second edition 1995, Blackwell Publishers) and author of Feminist Literary Criticism.
- Author(s)Mary Eagleton
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight586 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.