All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany social workers are employed in positions where they deal with involuntary clients. These positions are demanding, and require a specific set of skills. The new edition of this successful book provides an accessible and practical guide for managing difficult and sensitive relationships and communicating with reluctant clients. The author directly links theory to real-life by adopting a jargon-free and accessible guide to working in partnership with involuntary clients. Written in a lively and engaging style, the book is richly illustrated with case examples drawn from a variety of service-user groups, thus ensuring its relevance across the whole curriculum. The author's integrated and systematic approach promotes prosocial values; emphasizes clarifying roles; and deals with issues of authority and goal-setting. Fully revised and updated throughout, the book also includes discussions of key themes such as evidence-based practice, risk assessment, legislation and multidisciplinary working. These changes bring the text up-to-date with current issues in social work education and practice. The result is an invaluable practical guide for social work and social care students and professionals to working with both clients and their families.
- Author BiographyDr Trotter worked for almost 20 years as a social worker and a regional manager in child protection and corrections prior to his appointment to Monash University in 1991.
- Author(s)Christopher Trotter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.