All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionBasing their work on the idea that psychoanalytic therapy and technique require more rather than less from the therapist, the Novicks explore the crucial role of parents' work in child and adolescent treatment. They show that child and adolescent therapies have two goals_restoring the child to progressive development and rebuilding the parent-child relationship as a lifelong resource. With vivid clinical examples, this book illustrates the expanded range of clinical techniques used with parents to establish an alliance at each phase of treatment.
- Author BiographyKerry Kelly Novick and Jack Novick are child, adolescent, and adult psychoanalysts on the faculty of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute. They have been working with children and families for 35 years and joined other colleagues to found a non-profit psychoanalytic school, Allen Creek Preschool, in Ann Arbor. Both Jack and Kerry Novick have written extensively. Their first book, Fearful Symmetry: The Development and Treatment of Sadomasochism, appeared in 1996.
- Author(s)Jack Novick,Kerry Kelly Novick
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication17/03/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width167 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.