All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith youth violence becoming more alarming in its intensity and frequency, Timothy Cavell offers a framework for intervening with aggressive school-age children. Cavell maintains that turning around aggressive tendencies requires therapy that will reestablish the broken bonds between parent and child. His method, called Responsive Parent Therapy, includes the skills training component of common parent training programmes but goes beyond them to support the restructuring of the family itself. The goal of Responsive Parent Therapy is to help parents establish and maintain healthy emotional bonds that will socialize their child. The author shows how therapists can help to rebuild family bonds by addressing parenting goals, family structure and parental self-care. The author also shares empirical findings on the aetiology, behavioural correlates and progsis for aggressive children and provides information on assessment and diagsis. Scripts, information sheets, worksheets and tips from Cavell's own extensive clinical experience make this book eminently practical.
- Author(s)Timothy A. Cavell
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication31/01/2000
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSchool Psychology Book S.
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight816 g
- Width185 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.