All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionUntil recently, there has t been a great deal of overlap in the child welfare and trauma literatures. This text bridges that divide by integrating perspectives from both fields to help practitioners understand and address the special needs of maltreated children and adolescents and their families. Current kwledge on attachment, trauma, and risk and resilience is clearly explained, including the impact of abuse on the brain. Readers learn how to conduct assessments and implement a range of effective helping strategies with youth in foster care and other settings. Featuring extensive case illustrations, the book gives particular attention to diversity issues and the importance of supporting child and family strengths.
- Author BiographyNancy Boyd Webb, DSW, BCD, RPT-S, is a leading authority on play therapy with children who have experienced loss and traumatic bereavement. A board-certified diplomate in clinical social work and a registered play therapy supervisor, Dr. Webb is University Distinguished Professor of Social Work at the Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service. In addition to teaching, writing, and consulting, she maintains a clinical practice and supervises and consults with schools and agencies. She lectures and conducts workshops throughout the United States and internationally on play therapy, trauma, and bereavement.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleClinical Practice with Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byNancy Boyd Webb
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.