All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of young people with behavioural problems tend to be less than satisfying. Their families are likely to suffer, their teachers are often disappointed, and their peers constantly wonder what's the matter with them. James Kauffman, professor emeritus of education at the University of Virginia, believes it doesn't have to be that way. Believing in the power of early intervention and prevention of behaviour problems, Kauffman shows us how to recognise trouble and deal with it before it's too late. In his words, We saw that there were signs of trouble brewing yet one took them seriously. This book takes behaviour problems seriously, addressing their many causes, the dilemma of early identification, and proven effective strategies for effective intervention.
- Author BiographyDr. James M. Kauffman is professor emeritus of dducation at the University of Virginia, where he has been chair of the department of Special Education, Associate Dean for Research, the Charles S. Robb Professor of Education and the William Clay Parrish, Jr. Professor of Education. He is a former teacher in both general elementary and special education for students with emotional and behavioral disorders. Frederick J. Brigham is associate professor of education at George Mason University. He has also served on the faculties of the University of Virginia, Bowling Green State University, and Valparaiso University. His teaching experience includes service as a work experience instructor, as a general elementary school teacher, and as a special education teacher for secondary school students with emotional and behavioral disorders. Additionally, he has served as a special education program consultant in Iowa and a director of special education in North Dakota. Brigham received his Ph. D. in education from Purdue University in 1992.
- Author(s)James M. Kauffman
- PublisherAttainment Company, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationVerona, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAttainment Company, Inc
- Content Notetables
- Weight372 g
- Width230 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.