All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative, interdisciplinary book which outlines how solution focused practice is particularly effective in addressing violent behaviour in clients and service users, encompassing work with both adults and children. Solution focused approaches have been used successfully with a range of violent behaviours from school-based bullying to severe domestic violence, as well as with victims of violence. Solution focused approaches hold people accountable for building solutions to their violent behaviour. The book shows how to engage clients in solution talk as opposed to problem talk, set useful goals and help clients to develop new behaviours. It outlines the practice principles and working techniques that make up solution focused practice with physical, emotional and sexual violence. Illustrative case studies and practice activities are provided. This book is suitable for anyone working to help reduce violent behaviour, including social workers, counsellors, therapists, nurses, probation workers and youth offending teams.
- Author BiographyPreviously a senior lecturer in social work, Judith Milner recently retired from work as a therapist, consultant and independent expert to family courts in child protection, domestic violence and contested contact cases. She is widely published on solution focused practice. Steve Myers is Director of Social Sciences at University of Salford, Manchester. A social work academic since 1995, he has led research projects and has authored and co-authored a series of books and articles about violence, sex and solutions. Judith and Steve both live in Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Judith Milner,Steve Myers
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byAndrew Turnell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.