Working with the Under Threes: Training and Professional Development by Lesley Abbott, Helen Moylett (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to do justice to the range of issues surrounding the care and education of the under threes and to meet the many and varied needs of the adults who work with them two books have been written under the title Early Interactions. The books incorporate the views of a wide range of people with a wealth of experience in the early years field as both practitioners and trainers. They are intended as an accessible, informative and challenging resource for all those involved in the care and education of children under three. Multiprofessional and interdisciplinary team work is essential in working with young children and their families and as the Rumbold Report (1990) emphasises - one person will possess all the kwledge and skills required for this important responsibility . The books provide a range of perspectives and will appeal equally to professionals, parents and anyone who cares about young children. They are particularly valuable as a resource for use in training at all levels. The training and support needs of Early Years workers is a key issue and provides a focus for debate in the present educational climate. Working with under threes carries a particular responsibility. The contributors to this book represent a wide range of experience and involvement as practitioners and trainers which they share in interesting and accessible chapters. The book is intended for all those responsible for, or training to work with, children under three on a variety of courses. Topics covered include - New approaches to training, continuing professional development, equal opportunities, working with parents and carers, men working with under threes, special educational needs, child protection, and the inspection process. Key issues are identified for consideration by all those working with young children.
- Author BiographyLesley Abbott is Professor of Early Childhood Education and Helen Moylett is a Senior Lecturer at the Manchester Metropolitan University. Both are involved in training students on B.Ed. and the new multiprofessional B.A. Early Childhood Studies degrees as well as working with students on Masters level courses. Lesley Abbott has been a member of both the influential Rumbold Committee and the RSA Early Learning Project and is Director of the research project 'Shaping the Future - Educare for the Under Threes'. Helen Moylett has had wide experience in working with parents and carers of young children.
- Author(s)Helen Moylett,Lesley Abbott
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEarly Interactions
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight290 g
- Width61 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.