All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative book is concerned with the power relations, complexities, and contradictions in the paid workplace. Workplace learning is t value-free or politically neutral, and cant be studied independently of the political ecomy of work. Workplace Learning is part of a growing body of work that offers an alternative to mainstream approaches to workplace learning, recognizing that power relations, politics and conflicts of interest all shape learning. The authors emphasize the lived experiences of working people, avoiding prescriptive accounts and uncritical Human Resource Development views.
- Author BiographyJohn Bratton is Adjunct Professor in the Centre for Work and Community Studies at Athabasca University, Canada, and a Visiting Professor at Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland. He has taught a variety of sociology courses, including classical social theory, over a career of 30 years. He is the author of Japanization at Work and co-author of Workplace Learning: A Critical Introduction with Jean C. Helms Mills, Timothy Pyrch, and Peter Sawchuk; Work and Organizational Behaviour with Militza Callinan, Martin Corbett, Carolyn Forshaw, and Peter Sawchuk; and Human Resource Management: Theory and Practice, now in its fifth edition, with Jeff Gold. Jean C. Helms Mills is Associate Professor of Management at the Sobey School of Business, Saint Mary's University. She has researched and written extensively on gender and the culture of organizations and is the author and editor of five books.
- Author(s)Jean C. Helms Mills,John Bratton,Peter H. Sawchuk,Timothy Pyrch
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.