All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDo all you can to minimize dangerous behaviors to benefit communities, employees, and organizations! Safety is a real world problem that community psychologists, industrial/organizational psychologists, industrial hygenists, human resources professionals, and corporate insurance groups must deal with on a day-to-day basis. In Workplace Safety: Individual Differences in Behavior you will examine safety behavior and discover practical interventions to help increase the safety awareness of the people in your life. This book takes a look at ways of defining and measuring safety as well as a variety of individual differences like gender, job kwledge, conscientiousness, self-efficacy, risk avoidance, and stress tolerance that are important in creating safety interventions and improving the selection and training of employees. Workplace safety is of prime importance in today's increasingly litigious society. It has been estimated that each year in the United States, there are 100,000 work-related accident or disease fatalities, 400,000 workers who become disabled, and 6 million workplace injuries. Of equal importance are driver safety and safety hazards in public spaces such as malls and individual stores. Workplace Safety: Individual Differences in Behavior examines: * the importance of measurement in understanding worker abilities and defining safety behaviors * the often-neglected issue of gender differences in safety definitions and research * the relationship between personality variables, job, kwledge, and accident involvement * the five-factor personality model for predicting safety behavior * a model of safety consciousness * types of safety hazards in public spaces * monetary costs of accidents in malls and stores * a practitioner's perspective on individual differences in safety behavior Workplace Safety: Individual Differences in Behavior takes an incisive look at these issues with a unique focus on the way individual differences in people impact safety behavior in the real world.
- Author(s)Alice F. Stuhlmacher,Douglas F. Cellar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight158 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.