Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $20.21Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.01
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.65
About this product
- DescriptionDespite our national preoccupation with achievement, little attention seems to be paid to the pursuit of excellence on an individual basis. For while it's easy to talk about the collective excellence of an organization, Seth Allcorn argues, one really wants to be threatened by the superior individual performance of ather. In this work, Allcorn examines the paradox of human nature that places individuals of distinction in the position of being rejected and ostracized by their peers. He explores the psychological underpinnings of this phemen and suggests ways of revising organizational culture to foster individual excellence. Focusing on the psychological aspects of people and the workplace, Allcorn divides his study into three sections. The first offers an introduction to the search for excellence and discusses the identification of workplace superstars. Also examined are the organizational trends that inhibit individual achievement, the interaction between the superstars and others, and the psychology of office behavior. Section two details the different types of superstars found in organizations and their approaches to achieving excellence. Finally, section three explores some possibilities for adapting current organizational structures to allow and encourage greater pursuit of personal excellence. With its basis in the author's practical experience in middle management, this volume will be a valuable resource for students and professionals in human resource management as well as the management and business fields.
- Author BiographySETH ALLCORN, Ph.D., is Associate Dean for Fiscal Affairs at the Stritch School of Medicine of Loyola University in Chicago. He has served as the Administrator of the Department of Medicine of the School of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Rochester and was Administrator of the Department of Medicine at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He has published more than 45 articles, a book, and several chapters on hospital management, medical group and medical school management, and the psychodynamics of organizations, among other topics.
- Author(s)Seth Allcorn
- Date of Publication30/08/1991
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.