All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Workplace Wellness Dr. Gantner provides insightful direction on how to develop a culture of health inside every American corporation. If you read only one book this year, America, it definitely has to be this one. - Robert Morel CEO, HHI Healthcare Solutions Inc. Simply the best practical guide for workplace wellness success that I have ever seen. Dr. Gantner provides a road map for what to do to maximize performance and productivity as well as a step-by-step plan on how to do it. -Madelyn H. Fernstrom, Ph.D. Professor of Psychiatry, Surgery and Epidemiology Senior Advisor, Health Management University of Pittsburgh Medical Center In this timely and important book, Dr. Gantner identifies the very important connection between healthy employees and operational performance. If you are in any type of leadership role, put this book at the top of your list. -Sandy M. York Director of Human Resources, HCA Physician Services This book is a must-read for CEOs, CFOs, HR leaders, benefits managers, and wellness program champions who are charged with improving business results. -John L. Galley VP-HR Operations and Services UPMC Corporate Human Resources Dr. Gantner's person-centric perspective, informed by well-documented research and handy information and tools, makes her work uniquely approachable, engaging, and effective. Michael Parkinson, MD Past President, American College of Preventive Medicine, Senior Medical Director, UPMC Health Plan and WorkPartners Never before has it been important for the U.S. worker to be at a high level of health, both physically and mentally. Congratulations to Dr. Gantner for writing a book that will be of great value in improving the health and productivity of our eight million plus adults who go to work each day. Jerry Noyce President and CEO, HERO- The Health Enhancment Research Organization Book Summary: This book provides a strategic roadmap and the business case for integrated wellness and health management solutions for decreasing spiraling health care costs that are unsustainable in the U.S. Many Americans are t taking personal responsibility for their own health and well-being. Employers, employees and their families have to be on the same winning team to t only increase engagement in evidence-based programs and practices, but to have all parties take accountability to maintain or improve unhealthy behaviors for a more productive, resilient, and competitive workforce. Motivated leaders and consumers can be educated to make the healthiest choices the easiest choices both at work, home and in the communities. People work best when they feel good about themselves and their environment. It is up to senior leaders to provide a safe, supportive, trusting environment where employees feel appreciated, respected, and passionate about their positions and purpose to make a difference. Playing to our strengths and the strengths of others, we can all bring our A game to work daily and improve our quality of life. This book demonstrates through case studies, latest research, emerging trends, testimonials, and award winning programs, how individuals, teams, and organizations can thrive to maximize human capital and performance.
- Author BiographyDr. Rose K. Gantner, EdD, senior director of health promotion, consumer education, training and innovation at the UPMC Health Plan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has over thirty years experience in wellness, health management and counseling/ organizational psychology. She has worked as chief executive officer for two hospitals in the Magellan Health System, and as vice president of managed care, employee assistance programs, and wellness at Corphealth. Dr. Gantner owned her own private practice, Center for Life Coping Skills, and taught psychology full time at several universities. She has published several articles and educational training materials on wellness, health, stress management, resilience, and motivation, and has given several presentations at national conferences and to large, commercial employer groups nationwide. Some of her most significant awards were the World's Who's Who of Women and the Civilian Service Award from the Department of Defense for serving two tours in the Republic of South Vietnam as the executive director of the recreational program for the American Red Cross. The wellness and health productivity programs she helped develop and implement at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center system have won platinum awards for three consecutive years from the National Business Group on Health. She earned her doctorate degree from Auburn University, her master's in health education from the University of Pittsburgh, and her undergraduate degree in health and physical education from Slippery Rock State University in Pennsylvania. She also is a diplomate member of the American College of Wellness, the National Wellness Institute, the International Positive Psychology Association and the International Association of Worksite Health Promotion. Dr. Gantner also serves on the Leadership and Incentives Committees for Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO).
- Author(s)Rose Karlo Gantner
- PublisherRose K. Gantner Ed.D., Ncc
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRose K. Gantner Ed.D., Ncc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.