Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJan Pieterszoon Sweelinck (1562 1621) was among the most famous organists of seventeenth-century Europe and an influential composer in the Dutch and North German tradition. He composed over 300 choral and instrumental pieces that bridged Renaissance and Baroque styles and helped prepare the way for the music of Buxtehude, Scheidt, and J. S. Bach. Today, the Dutch composer is best remembered for the inventive, sparkling music he wrote for organ and other keyboard instruments.This remarkable treasury includes nearly all of Sweelinck's brilliant keyboard works, most of which have survived only in widely scattered seventeenth-century manuscripts. Reproduced from a clearly printed, thoroughly edited, and reliable 1943 critical edition, this volume contains important and invative compositions heretofore difficult to find in a reasonably priced edition. The selections are divided into four principal sections (pieces playable on either organ or other keyboard; pieces for organ; pieces for keyboard; supplementary section) and include chorale variations table for their double and triple counterpoint; toccatas and fantasias showing the influence of the Venetian organ school; and sets of variations on secular and dance tunes. Moreover, the supplement contains three incomplete and/or modified works and a fascinating, authentic fantasia by the great English composer John Bull. The fantasia was written in memoriam shortly after Sweelinck's death and was based on a w-lost fugue by the Netherlandish master. It remains the only testament to one of Sweelinck's finest works.In Sweelinck's day, the 73 classic compositions presented here were among Europe's most popular pieces for organ and keyboard. In our own time, these lovely instrumental works retain every bit of their original intensity and vigor. Reproduced in this authoritative complete-resource edition, they will be welcomed by serious keyboard artists, who will find them as praiseworthy today as they were when first kwn and played in Europe over 300 years ago.
- Author(s)Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/1985
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight737 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.