All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the concept of antiquarianism and recasts its role for a new generation. The term antiquarianism refers to engagement with the material heritage of the past - an engagement that preceded the modern academic discipline of archaeology. Antiquarian activities result in the elaboration of particular social behaviours and the production of tools for exploring the collective memory. This book is the first to compare antiquarianism in a global context, examining its roots in the ancient Near East, it's flourishing in early modern Europe and East Asia, and its manifestations in n-literate societies of Melanesia and Polynesia. By establishing wide-reaching geographical and historical perspectives, the essays reveal the universality of antiquarianism as a manifestation of the human mind and open new avenues for understanding the representation of the past, from ancient societies to the present.
- Author BiographyAlain Schnapp is professor of classical archaeology at the Universite Paris I-Pantheon-Sorbonne and director of the Institut d'etudes avancees (IEA-Paris).
- Author(s)Alain Schnapp
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Publications
- Content Note23 colour & 81 b&w illustrations
- Weight1360 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.