Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $27.15Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely new and extended edition of the best-selling Collins Student Atlas. Created specifically for Key Stage 4 students, and a vital tool for all students. Collins Student World Atlas (Fourth edition), with free World Factfile CD, has been specifically designed for students aged 14-16 years, however its well-researched uncluttered design makes it suitable for all students. This 200 page fourth edition has been extensively revised, updated and extended. It features up-to-date reference and thematic mapping, mapping skills, country-by-country statistics and a fully comprehensive index to all names appearing on reference maps. Thematic maps and accompanying graphs and tables adhere strictly to the National Curriculum guidelines and cover topics such as Tourism, Telecommunications, Environmental and socio-ecomic topics. All maps have been fully updated using the latest statistical information available. The inclusion of a selective list of web addresses on each thematic page ensures students are motivated to explore more deeply into a topic. High quality satellite imagery, which has been selectively used within special topic or study areas, supports data on the maps and is used to illustrate key environmental issues. Extensive lists of statistics for demographic and socio-ecomic facts provide up-to-date data for students wishing to create their own graphs to support individual geography, tourism, mathematics, ecomics or IT projects. New features * Free World Factfile on CD * Pollution hotspots in the Mediterranean Sea * Urban pollution in Italy * World Agriculture * World Urbanization * World Climate Change * Low and Middle Ecomic Developing Countries * Ecological footprint World factfile CD includes; * Major world themes presented through maps, graphics, statistics and images * Detailed profiles for 50 countries * Indispensable geographical facts * Authoritative statistics * Geographic overview of the world's major regions * Packed full of geographical information, current affairs and world mapping This attractive resource provides ideal factual support material to everyone's reference atlas.
- Author BiographyExplore the world through accurate and up-to-date mapping.
- Author(s)Collins Maps
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Maps & Atlases
- Series TitleCollins Student Atlas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date15/04/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations,strationsstrations, colour maps
- Weight1000 g
- Width232 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
- Interest AgeFrom 14 To 16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.