All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorld Financial Orders challenges the predominance of neo-liberalism as a mode of kwledge about contemporary world finance, and claims that it neglects the social and political bases as well as the malign consequences of change. He looks to the field of International Political Ecomy (IPE) to construct an alternative mode, one that critically restores society and politics. An 'historical' approach to IPE is advanced that accounts for modern world finance since the seventeenth century as a succession of structurally distinct hierarchical social orders. This book will be of interest to those working in the field of IPE and to those scholars, researchers and students from across the social sciences who seek to challenge the common-sense, neo-liberal explanation of contemporary world finance.
- Author BiographyPaul Langley is lecturer in International Politics at the University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK. His research interests are in the field of International Political Economy with particular reference to globalization, finance and the environment. His work has been published a variety of journals including New Political Economy and Review of International Political Economy.
- Author(s)Paul Langley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRIPE Series in Global Political Economy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.