All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $15.54Trending at AU $17.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happened to the Roman Empire? Why was the Magna Carter so important? What led to the First World War? Why did the USSR collapse? World History in Minutes provides succinct answers to these questions--and many more--in 200 simple and accessible essays.From the 100 Years War to the Gulf Wars, and from the wisdom of Aristotle to the Civil Rights movement, this book distills the major events in human history into easily digestible chunks. Each essay is accompanied by an image--or a clear diagram to illustrate complex ideas--and will plug the gaps in your kwledge of the most important eras, movements and events in the history of humankind. World History in Minutes is the perfect introduction to this expansive subject.Contents include: Neanderthals, Babylonians, Attilla the Hun, Abyssinian Empire, Magna Carta, Black Death, Inca, Henry VIII Reformation, Ulster Plantations, Rousseau and the Enlightenment, Declaration of Independence, French Revolution, Tonga Civil War, Universal Suffrage, Spanish Influenza, Great Depression, Pearl Harbour, The Space Age, Civil Rights, Environmentalism, Oligarchs and Tiger Ecomies.
- Author BiographyDorothy Ali's writing has appeared in publications such as Outside In: 160 New Perspectives on 160 Classic Doctor Who Stories by 160 Writers. Since the far-off days of About Time 6, when River Song was just the track even hard-core Donovan fans skipped on the album Hurdy Gurdy Man, Tat Wood has been living within walking distance of the Olympic Stadium, watching it get built with more speed and less care than these books and marveling at the missile emplacements on nearby tower-blocks.
- Author(s)Tat Wood
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width130 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.