All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAuthors Terry E. Miller and Andrew Shahriari take students around the world to experience the diversity of musical expression. World Music: A Global Journey, w in its third edition, is kwn for its breadth in surveying the world's major cultures in a systematic study of world music within a strong pedagogical framework. As one prepares for any travel, each chapter starts with background preparation, reviewing the historical, cultural, and musical overview of the region. Visits to multiple 'sites' within a region provide in-depth studies of varied musical traditions. Music analysis begins with an experimental first impression of the music, followed by an aural analysis of the sound and prominent musical elements. Finally, students are invited to consider the cultural connections that give the music its meaning and life. Features of the Third Edition * Over 3 hours of diverse musical examples. with a third audio CD of new musical examples * Listening Guides analyze the various pieces of music with some presented in an interactive format online * Biographical highlights of performers and ethmusicologists updated and new ones added * Numerous pedagogical aids, including On Your Own Time and Explore More sidebars, and Questions to Consider * Popular music incorporated with the traditional Dynamic companion web site hosts new Interactive Listening Guides, plus many resources for student and instructor. Built to serve online courses. The CD set is available separately (ISBN 978-0-415-89402-9) or with its Value Pack and book (ISBN 978 0415- 80823-1). For eBook users, MP3 files for the accompanying audio files are available only with the Value Pack of eBook & MP3 files (ISBN 978-0-203-15298-0). Please find instructions on how to obtain the audio files in the contents section of the eBook.
- Author BiographyTerry E. Miller is Professor Emeritus of Ethnomusicology at Kent State University, where he co-founded the Center for the Study of World Musics. Andrew Shahriari is Instructor of Ethnomusicology at Kent State University and teaches the world music survey course in online classes.
- Author(s)Andrew Shahriari,Terry E. Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note377 colour illustrations
- Weight1496 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Undefined
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.