All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionHumanitarian action confronts us with the dilemmas of international relations in the age of globalization. The approach in this book is holistic, comparative and analytical. Humanitarian intervention is considered from the point of view of political ecomy, public administration, international relations, international law, the military, political theory, sociology, culture and media studies. Chapters discuss experiences across Bosnia, Rwanda, Somalia, Iraq, Haiti and other cases, if we are moving towards global governance humanitarian intervention is part of this motion. It is a harbinger of a new global politics, which is all the more reason to consider it scrupulously.
- Author BiographyJan Nederveen Pieterse is presently Associate Professor in Sociology at the Institute of Social Studies in The Hague.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/09/1998
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleInstitute of Social Studies, the Hague
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight521 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJan Nederveen Pieterse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.