All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide explains how to create simulations of international relations for the purposes of both teaching and research. Hemda Ben-Yehuda, Luba Levin-Banchik, and Chanan Naveh offer as a model their hallmark project The World Politics Simulations, which involves participants representing various states, nstate actors, and media organizations embroiled in an international political crisis. Following the trajectory of a simulation, the authors describe theory, implementation, and analysis. Starting with a typology of simulations, they present a framework for selecting the most suitable one for a given teaching situation, based on academic setting, goals, costs, and other practical considerations. They then provide step-by-step instructions for creating simulations on cyber platforms, particularly Facebook, complete with schedules, guidelines, sample forms, teaching tips, and student exercises. Throughout the simulation, and especially during the final analysis, they explain how to reinforce learning and foster critical thinking, creativity, teamwork, and other essential skills. The authors conclude with suggestions for using data gathered during a simulation for scholarly research. Instructors in both introductory and advanced courses in political science, international relations, media, history, and area studies-as well as leaders of professional training programs in the civil and military service and media organizations-will find this guide invaluable.
- Author BiographyHemda Ben-Yehuda is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel. Luba Levin-Banchik is a graduate student in the Department of Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel. Chanan Naveh is Chair of the School of Communication at Sapir College, Israel.
- Author(s)Chanan Naveh,Hemda Ben-Yehuda,Luba Levin-Banchik
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note27 figures. 39 tables
- Weight825 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.