World Politics: Trends and Transformations: 2011-2012 by Charles W. Kegley, Shannon Lindsey Blanton (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $552.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.99+ AU $69.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by rsaforever
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe leading text in international relations is getting even better. Thoroughly revised for 2011-2012, WORLD POLITICS: TREND AND TRANSFORMATION presents the most comprehensive coverage of any text. This annual update provides the most recent demographic and statistical information available for the course. Using key concepts from major theoretical traditions to analyze both historical and contemporary developments in international relations, WORLD POLITICS addresses topics such as war, terrorism, human rights, the environment, and international development while emphasizing an institutional approach to resolving international conflict. Authors Charles W. Kegley and Shann L. Blanton present each issue in a thought-provoking yet accessible way that prepares you to critically assess the problems, payoffs, pitfalls, and paradoxes of people's collective choices about the global future and the probable impact those choices will have on your life.
- Author BiographyShannon Lindsey Blanton is a professor in the Department of Government at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she is also the inaugural dean of the UAB Honors College. She is a past vice provost for undergraduate programs, department chair and undergraduate coordinator, and has served nationally as a facilitator for leadership development in higher education. A graduate of Georgia College (B.A.), the University of Georgia (M.A.), and the University of South Carolina (Ph.D.), she has received numerous research awards and professional recognitions. She has served on a number of editorial boards, including those for four of the discipline's foremost journals: International Studies Quarterly, Foreign Policy Analysis, International Interactions, and International Studies Perspectives. She has published articles on U.S. foreign policy decision-making, with a focus on the determinants and consequences of U.S. arms transfers and foreign aid. Her work has also examined the significance of human rights concerns in global political and economic interactions. Charles William Kegley is a past president of the International Studies Association, and has been serving the past two decades on the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs. Kegley holds the title of Pearce Distinguished Professor of International Relations Emeritus at the University of South Carolina. A graduate of the American University (B.A.) and Syracuse University (Ph.D.) and a Pew Faculty Fellow at Harvard University, Kegley previously served on the faculty at Georgetown University, and has held visiting professorships at the University of Texas, Rutgers University, the People's University of China, and the Institute Universitaire de Hautes Etudes Internationales Et du Developpement in Geneva Switzerland. He is also a recipient of the Distinguished Scholar Award of the Foreign Policy Analysis Section of the International Studies Association. A founding partner of Kegley International, Inc. (a publishing, research, and consulting foundation), Kegley has authored more than 50 scholarly books and over 100 articles in journals.
- Author(s)Charles W. Kegley,Shannon Lindsey Blanton
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1180 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementUpdated ed of 13th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.