All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaffled by Buddhism? Confused by Catholicism? Mystified by Mysticism? World Religions can lift the cloud surrounding the main faiths of the world. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism and many more key faiths are explained clearly with beautifully antations and full colour illustrations. Providing detailed insight into the key practices, figures and images of each religion, this is perfect for those beginning their exploration into faith, or for those just needing a quick reference tool. World Religions details the beliefs from modern Scientology to the world's oldest faith- Zoroastrianism - and everything in between.
- Author BiographyJohn Bowker was Dean of Trinity College, Cambridge from 1984 to 1991 and is currently a Fellow of Gresham College, London and Honorary Canon of Canterbury Cathedral. He is also Adjunct Professor of Religion at North Carolina State University. Professor Bowker's many books include the DK titles God: A Brief History and The Complete Bible Handbook. He lives in Cambridge.
- Author(s)John Bowker
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight886 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.