All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is widely ackwledged that sustainable development is a long-term goal, which both individuals and institutions (and countries!) need to pursue. This important theme is characterized by an intrinsic complexity, since it encompasses ecological or environmental considerations on the one hand, and ecomic matters, social influences and political frameworks on the other. This makes provisions in respect of education for sustainable development a particularly challenging task, but one which is feasible and achievable, provided the right elements are put into place. This book is an attempt to foster the cause of education for sustainable development, by documenting and disseminating experiences from different parts of the world, where learning for, about and through the principles of sustainability is taking place, in various sets and contexts, in both industrialized and developing nations. A special feature of this book is that it t only presents a wide range of philosophies, approaches, methods and analyses with respect to education for sustainable development across the world, but also documents and disseminates concrete case studies, which show how education for sustainable development may be realized in practice.
- Author BiographyWalter Leal Filho is a Senior Professor at HAW Hamburg, London Metropolitan University and University of Uppsala. He has published nearly 300 publications on aspects of sustainable development, climate change and renewable energy to his credit, and manages a wide portfolio of international projects in these fields.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleUmweltbildung, Umweltkommunikation und Nachhaltigkeit Environmental Education, Communication and Sustainability
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig.
- Weight870 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byWalter Leal Filho
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.