All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe years from 1914 to 1918 saw a whole series of complex and very rapid changes in infantry tactics, which fundamentally altered the way wars had been fought for 150 years. This two-part study describes and illustrates the development: of infantry equipment and weapons; of support weapons; of field fortifications; and, most importantly, exactly how these items and techniques were all employed in attack and defence. The texts are illustrated with contemporary photos and diagrams and with colour plates combining details of uniforms, equipment and weapons with bird's-eye views explaining their use in battle. This second volume concentrates on the men who fought in such important battles as those of Ypres and the Somme.
- Author BiographyDr Stephen Bull is the Curator of the Museum of Lancashire in Preston. Born in 1960, he graduated from the University of Wales with a BA (Hons) in history in 1981, and obtained his doctorate from University College, Swansea. For several years he worked at the National Army Museum, on a fortifications project and later in the Weapons Department. He has written numerous articles for specialist journals, incuding a number on the weapons and tactics of World War I. Adam Hook studied graphic design at art college and began his illustrating career in 1983. He has worked with a variety of educational publishers covering various subjects within the fields of history and natural history. For Osprey he has illustrated numerous Campaign and Warrior titles. Adam lives and works in Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Stephen Bull
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleElite
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.84
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&w and 10 colour illustrations and photographs
- Weight228 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Hook
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.