Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionA Concise Account of All the Major Battles, Invations, and Political Events of the First World War by an Important Military Analyst Praise for the Original Edition: With the lucidity and literary skill we have come to expect in his work, the author has written t only a concise history of the fighting on land and sea but a frank criticism of the 1914-18 military mind. --New York Times The best brief history of the war in both its political and military aspects. Well proportioned and well knit. --Foreign Affairs Liddell Hart's style is brilliant, and the whole narrative is fascinating even to one familiar with the whole dreadful story. Indeed, the sweep of the presentation may well be the envy of velists. --Nation An abridgement of the author's History of the World War, 1914-1918, and first published in 1936, World War I in Outline is a compact but comprehensive history of the war to end all wars. Divided into five parts representing each year of the war, Liddell Hart discusses the war on land, at sea, and in the air while skillfully incorporating the political events occurring at the same time. From his own experiences in the war and through studying the conflict in detail, the author developed and expressed his most important observation about military principles: direct attacks against an enemy firmly in position should t be attempted. He also put forth the tion that battles are more often decided by the commander's actions and t the armies themselves. A lively and engrossing read, World War I in Outline is an ideal overview in time for the centennial of one of the major wars in history.
- Author BiographySIR BASIL HENRY LIDDELL HART (18951970) was a soldier, author, and military theorist. He wrote a number of acclaimed books, including Strategy: The Indirect Approach, The Tanks: A History of the Royal Tank Regiment and Its Predecessors, and History of the Second World War. He was knighted in 1966.
- Author(s)B. H. Liddell Hart
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content Note5 maps
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.