All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorld War Two was the most terrible war that Europe, and indeed the world, had ever seen. Discover the truth behind the propaganda with this brilliantly informative, infographic guide to the real statistics behind WWII. How many soldiers went to war? How many came home? How many civilians were made homeless? How many bombs were dropped, and where did they land? With over 25 nations fighting the second world war on four different continents the numbers were staggering. Covering a huge amount of content World War II in Numbers brings these staggering statistics to life with easily digestible graphics depicting the conflict, casualties, weaponry, cost and techlogy, clearly illustrating the war's impact on individuals, whole countries, and the global social and ecomic effects that would last long into peacetime.
- Author BiographyPeter Doyle is a scientist and military historian specializing in the role of terrain in warfare. He is a visiting Professor at University College London, and is co-secretary of the All Party Parliamentary War Heritage Group.
- Author(s)Peter Doyle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black (Childrens books)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.