Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionPreserving much rare and disintegrating information, this comprehensive chrology and fact book provides day-to-day records covering a third of the Pacific war for the first time. Recounts events in the North Pacific between August 1943 and September 1945, revealing the activities of the Allies, including the Soviet Union and the Japanese. It identifies the location and activities of the various units, their landings, and battles. Short biographies make participants come alive. Appendices provide a glossary, and give key information about prisoners of war, American internees, Army Air Forces, U.S. Navy, Japanese North Pacific Forces forces, Soviet Forces, U.S. units and bases, and American and Japanese personnel. This account shows how events in the North Pacific had an impact in the South and Central theater of the war. The record shows how Admiral Chester Nimitz's offensive actions before major operations, his bombings and bombardments and false radio broadcasts helped bring about later victories and how his destruction of the Japanese fishing fleet set out to shorten the war. A bibliography, index, maps, charts, and photographs further enrich this little-kwn history for all interested in understanding this w forgotten conflict.
- Author BiographyKEVIN DON HUTCHISON is an information specialist and lifelong student of military history. An acknowledged authority on World War II in the North Pacific, he has pursued the complete history of Operation Desert Storm worldwide and continues his study of the war. A member of several military and historical associations, he has written numerous articles for military journals and magazines, and is the author of the forthcoming Greenwood title Operation Desert Shield.
- Author(s)Kevin Hutchison
- Date of Publication16/08/1994
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight634 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.