All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFueled by recent films and TV series such as Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers and popular books by Stephen Ambrose and Tom Brokaw, interest in World War II has soared. As a result of this surge of attention, the number of websites on World War II has exploded. Many are excellent sources of information, but how can they be found among the massive number of sites? Search engines can't tell the good from the bad, making the process of uncovering quality World War II sites a frustrating and time-consuming process of sifting through hundreds of thousands of hits. But w, web users overwhelmed by this colossal task have a place to turn. World War II on the Web gives history buffs all the tools they need to zero in on the most useful sites. The authors-experts in web research-have examined and evaluated thousands of websites. In this new book, they have included only the most well constructed, informative, attractively designed sites on World War II. This book/CD-ROM is modeled on SR Books' bestselling Civil War on the Web, ather indispensable guide to exceptional websites. World War II on the Web includes: i Detailed reviews of the top 100+ sites i A one- to five-star rating of each site's content, aesthetics, and navigation i A list of approximately 150 additional recommended sites including URLs and brief descriptions i Free CD-ROM (IBM and MAC compatible) with hotlinks to all sites in the book-the top 100+ sites as well as the 150 additional recommended sites. Users can simply click on the link to be taken to the site they've chosen. The first part of the book highlights the best 100+ sites and is divided into sections on the following topics: general sites on the war; political and military leaders; European/Atlantic/Mediterranean Theater of Operations; Pacific Theatre of Operations; the soldiers' stories; the homefront; women and African Americans; the Holocaust and war crimes; and unit histories. The second part of World War II on the Web o
- Author BiographyJ. Douglas Smith teaches twentieth-century American political and social history at Occidental College in Los Angeles, California. Richard Jensen is professor emeritus of history at the University of Illinois at Chicago and research associate at the National Center for Supercomputer Applications.
- Author(s)J. Douglas Smith,Richard Jensen
- PublisherScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/10/2002
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width180 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.