All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA strange, fatal hemorrhagic disease is killing housecats in Camarillo, California. Veterinarian Vera Barnett suspects that the illness originated in the lab of her lover, molecular biologist Noah Chamberlin, who has been investigating a hereditary feline disease at a nearby university. The infection soon appears in nearby cities and, t long after, all over the world. Senior epidemiologist Angelo Kraakmo, is assigned to investigate. The cause turns out to be a new virus. Angelo names the disease feline hemorrhagic fever, FHF for short. It did t originate in Camarillo. Newspapers report FHF mortality figures on their front pages. Rodentborne diseases become epidemic. Cat-oriented businesses suffer severe ecomic losses. Vera, Noah and Angelo work together to find a cure. By the time eighty percent of the world's cats have perished, scientists question whether the species can survive. Will Felis catus become extinct? What are the consequences of the demise of a species that has lived intimately with humans for twelve thousand years? How will the disappearance of our feline companions affect the human population?
- Author(s)Bonham Richards
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.