All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe phemen of travelling reforms has become an object of great professional interest and intensive academic scrutiny. The fact that the same set of educational reforms is transferred from one country to ather made scholars wonder whether policy transfer has increased as a result of globalization. But also the fact that policy makers increasingly import best practices and international standards and use them as a tool to accelerate reform has captured the imagination of many that deal with policy studies. An international comparative perspective is key for understanding why reforms travel from one corner of the world to ather. Not surprisingly, the study of policy borrowing and lending constitutes one of the core research topics of comparative policy studies; a new area of research that links comparative education with policy studies. The World Yearbook of Education 2012 brings together a diverse range of perspectives on education policy through contributions from internationally rewned authors. It reflects on the way policy borrowing and lending is reconfiguring the world of education and offers a new collection of insights into the changes occurring across the world. It particularly focuses on: * The political and ecomic reasons for policy borrowing, * The agencies, international networks and regimes that instigate policy change, * The process of borrowing and lending * The impact of these systems, agendas and institutions on indigeus settings. This book will prove invaluable to researchers of globalization and to policy experts, especially those interested in comparative and international educational studies. It is also essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students and anyone involved in the sociology, ecomy or history of education. Gita Steiner-Khamsi is Professor of Comparative and International Education at Teachers College Columbia University, New York, US. Florian Waldow is Research Director at the University of Munster, Germany.
- Author BiographyGita Steiner-Khamsi is Professor of Comparative and International Education at Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, USA. Florian Waldow is Research Director at the University of Munster, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWorld Yearbook of Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byFlorian Waldow,Gita Steiner-Khamsi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.