Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays collected in World in Motion all address the same issue: The global paradox that modern prosperity has entailed extreme environmental degradation. Gary M. Kroll and Richard H. Robbins present readings covering all principal viewpoints on this matter, from the neoliberal belief that environmental and social problems can be fixed through a growing ecomy to the critics of globalization who equate growth with environmental degradation. This book asks an important question: Can we simply accelerate growth under the assumption that increased prosperity and new techlogies will allow us to reverse environmental damage? Or do we need to transform our modes of living radically to maintain the health of the world around us?
- Author BiographyGary M. Kroll is associate professor in the History Department of SUNY at Plattsburgh. Richard H. Robbins is University Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Department of Anthropology of SUNY at Plattsburgh.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleGlobalization and the Environment
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGary M. Kroll,Richard H. Robbins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.