All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning the social, political, and ecomic history of the Pacific Islands--which include Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia--this book provides an overview of this complex and changing area. It has been updated to detail the first settlement of the islands by raft and cae voyagers, presenting a new theory. It then covers the centuries of Western contact, cultural influence, colonialism, and the coming of independence. Including key political changes that have occurred in the first decade of the new millennium, this new edition brings into focus the rich past of this diverse region.
- Author BiographyIan C. Campbell is a former history professor at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand and at the University of the South Pacific in Fiji as well as a former visiting professor at Kagoshima University in Japan. He is the author of Gone Native in Polynesia: Captivity Narratives and Experiences from the South Pacific and Island Kingdom: Tonga Ancient and Modern.
- Author(s)Ian Charles Campbell
- PublisherCanterbury University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChristchurch
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintCanterbury University Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.