World's Toughest Cops: On the Front Line of the War Against Crime by Vinnie Jones (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.19+ AU $7.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by rustydaewoo
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the World's Toughest Cops. This is a holds barred look at a the people who risk their lives to serve and protect, in the front line of a war against drugs, gangs, gun crime, violence and smuggling. Vinnie Jones' Toughest Cops brings together stories from the two ITV4 series of the same name in a fascinating, thrilling and often shocking read - in which we meet and get under the skin of the men and women who have dedicated their lives to serve and protect in ten of the most dangerous beats in the world. Vinnie takes the reader into the jungles of Colombia -- where Sub-Lieutenant John Orejuela of the Special Ops Commando Unit leads a secret mission to take out a terrorist camp -- and goes on patrol in the Californian suburb of Compton, following the cops caught up in a deadly cat-and-mouse game with the gangs of South Central LA. He recounts the struggles of officer Andre Steyn of the Flying Squad against car-jackings and armed robberies in the desperate streets of Durban, South Africa and joins the few good men trying to police the back-alleys and -go zones of New Orleans, where the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina has seen a tidal wave of violent crime flood the city. Vinnie forged a reputation as a tough guy on the football pitch, and in America he w has a successful career in the cut-throat film business. But even he is in awe of the men and women who are trying to police the most dangerous areas on the planet. If on the pitch he followed Orwell's assertion that 'football is war minus the shooting', here he's discovering what life is like for those dealing with a real war -- with real shooting.
- Author BiographyOne of the meanest, grittiest footballers ever to have played at the top level, Vinnie Jones is a true hard man. Sent off twelve times throughout his career, he also holds the record for the quickest booking (after three seconds of play). Following successful stints with Wimbledon, Leeds and Chelsea, he finally hung up his boots in 1997 and moved into the world of entertainment, famously appearing in Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and X Men: The Last Stand. The third series of Toughest Cops starts on ITV4 autumn 2009.
- Author(s)Vinnie Jones
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/02/2011
- Content Note16 col plates (16pp), (2x8pp plates)
- Weight528 g
- Width238 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.