CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Jared Diamond and Jacques Barzun, prize-winning historian Anthony Pagden presents a sweeping history of the long struggle between East and West, from the Greeks to the present day. The relationship between East and West has always been one of turmoil. In this historical tour de force, a rewned historian leads us from the world of classical antiquity, through the Dark Ages, to the Crusades, Europe's resurgence, and the dominance of the Ottoman Empire, which almost shattered Europe entirely. Pagden travels from Napoleon in Egypt to Europe's carving up of the finally moribund Ottomans-creating the modern Middle East along the way-and on to the present struggles in Iraq. Throughout we learn a tremendous amount about what East and West were and are, and how it has always been competing worldviews and psychologies, more than religion or power grabs, that have fed the mistrust and violence between East and West. In Pagden's dark but provocative view, this struggle cant help but go on.
- Author BiographyAnthony Pagden is a professor in the history and political science departments at the University of California, Los Angeles and the author of Peoples and Empires. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009.
- Author(s)Mr. Anthony Pagden
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight206 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Narrator(s)John Lee
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1230
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.