All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the stifling summer of 1826, the death of a young man in Hyde Park uncovers a web of blackmail and corruption so far-reaching that even the redoubtable Constable Sam Plank is shocked. A Quaker charity hides a terrible secret, a dangerous enmity is growing between London's hackney carriage drivers and its watermen, and fraternal loyalty is tested to its limits. Susan Grossey's third Sam Plank vel plunges the magistrates' constable, his determined wife Martha and his protege William Wilson into a dark and desperate world.
- Author BiographyMy name is Susan Grossey. I graduated from Cambridge University in 1987 with a degree in English, and then taught secondary English for two years before realising that the National Curriculum was designed primarily to extinguish every spark of creativity in its teachers. I then became a technical author, and reached the pinnacle of this profession when I was asked to document the workings of a choc-ice wrapping machine in Cardiff, while wearing a fetching blue hairnet (which I forgot to remove until it was pointed out by a cashier in a petrol station on the M4). From this unbeatable high point I moved into technical training, and one day was asked to help with a staff manual on fraud prevention. As I wrote the chapter on money laundering, I realised that here was a topic that could keep my interest for years - and so it has proved. Since 1998, I have been self-employed as an anti-money laundering consultant, providing training and strategic advice and writing policies and procedures for clients in many countries. As part of my job, I have written several non-fiction books with exciting titles like Money Laundering: A Training Strategy, The Money Laundering Officer's Practical Handbook, Anti-Money Laundering: What You Need to Know and Anti-Money Laundering: A Guide for the Non-Executive Director. However, even this is not enough financial crime for me, and in my spare evenings and weekends I write fiction - but always with financial crime at the heart of it.
- Author(s)Susan Grossey
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Sam Plank Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.