All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWorship Space Acoustics: 3 Decades of Design is a beautiful collection of recent work. This is a comprehensive compendium that far surpasses previous publications in the field in its depth, design, and information. Worship spaces of all major U.S. religions are covered. This book should be an obligatory reference for any consultant involved in church architecture and acoustics. -Mendel Kleiner, author of Worship Space Acoustics, Acoustics: Information and Communication Series (J. Ross Publishing 2010) All involved in their design will appreciate this presentation of recent rooms for religious worship. -Leo L. Beranek, author of Concert Halls and Opera Houses: Music, Acoustics, and Architecture (Springer-Verlag 2004) Through descriptions, photos, drawings, and acoustical data, this book provides valuable information on existing worship spaces designed during the past thirty years. This very well-edited book, including the Editors' Preface and six excellent essays from key people involved in worship space design, provides valuable information and ideas on the aesthetic, acoustic, and liturgical design of worship spaces for a number of faiths and in several countries. -Robert Coffeen, principle at R. C. Coffeen, Consultant in Acoustics LLC, Lawrence, Kansas This book takes the reader on a wide-ranging tour through churches, synagogues, mosques, and other worship spaces designed during the past 30 years. The book begins with a series of essays on topics ranging from the soundscape of worship spaces to ecclesiastical design at the turn of the 21st Century. Perspective pieces from an architect, audio designer, music director, and worship space owner are also included. The core of the book presents the acoustical and architectural design of a wide variety of individual worship space venues. Acoustical consulting firms, architects, and worship space designers from across the world contributed their recent invative works in the area of worship space acoustics. The contributions include detailed renderings and architectural drawings, as well as informative acoustic data graphs and evocative descriptions of the spaces. Filled with beautiful photography and fascinating modern design, this book is a must-read for anyone interested in religious architecture, acoustical design, or musical performance.
- Author BiographyDavid T. Bradley, Ph.D. is an associate professor in the Physics + Astronomy Department at Vassar College. Erica E. Ryherd, Ph.D. is an associate professor in the Durham School of Architectural Engineering & Construction at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. Lauren M. Ronsse, Ph.D. is an assistant professor in the Audio Arts & Acoustics Department at Columbia College Chicago.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 colour tables, biography
- Weight1701 g
- Width222 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid T. Bradley,Erica E. Ryherd,Lauren M. Ronsse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.