All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the Christian response to developments in the hard sciences? What do discoveries at the macro and micro levels have to say about Christian theology, about a theology of God, Christology, pneumatology, and creation? How do the developments in systematic theology that do take the advances in cosmology and the New Sciences seriously come to bear on our worship life?These are the questions that are addressed in this text. It is an initial effort to bring cosmology and the New Sciences into dialogue with developments in systematic and sacramental theology. This book also suggests some ways in which these developments might appear in our worship. Overall, the author is concerned to reduce the cognitive dissonance between our scientifically informed everyday lives and our life of faith.
- Author BiographyCatherine Vincie, RSHM, is professor of sacramental and liturgical theology at the Aquinas Institute of Theology in St. Louis, Missouri. She is also past president of the North American Academy of Liturgy. She has published numerous articles on initiation, eucharist, liturgy and justice, and preaching, among other topics. Her most recent book is Celebrating Divine Mystery: A Primer in Liturgical Theology.
- Author(s)Catherine Vincie
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.