Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThere are various tensions in Christian worship and, rather than opting for a balanced approach or a one-sided approach, Philip Greenslade recommends that Christians learn to embrace both extremes of each polarity. *Worship is both about pleasing God and our own enjoyment. * Worship is world-affirming (with a positive view of creation) and world-denying (confronting fallen political powers). * Worship is charismatic and liturgical. * Worship is an engagement with transcendent majesty and transforming intimacy. * Worship is both prophetic praise and realistic lament. * Worship remembers the past and anticipates the future. * Worship embraces spontaneous instinctive cries and a learned language. It is by worshipping at the extremes that we can experience deeper riches in our kwledge of God.
- Author Biography.Philip Greenslade has been a full time lecturer and tutor with Crusade for World Revival (CWR) since 1991and is the general editor of the Cover to Cover Bible study notes. He is also the Consultant Editor of Bread for the Journey pastor's journal, and, was with Selwyn Hughes, a teacher of the Institute of Christian Ministry. He has authored a number of commentaries on Psalms, 1 Peter, Philippians and 1 & 2 Thessalonians, and his latest book is Worship in the Best of Both Worlds. Kooorng -Editorial Review.
- Author(s)Philip Greenslade
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSend The Light
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.