All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised and updated, this popular book shows pastors and worship leaders the basics of United Methodist worship. In this straightforward and updated commentary, Hoyt Hickman explains the basic pattern of United Methodist worship within the broader context of Christian worship. Drawing upon five basic principles, the author explains the formative nature of worship and how it can revitalize persons' lives. These principles are: God's Word is primary; active congregational participation is crucial; spontaneity and order are both important; worship should be relevant and inclusive; and worship is communion. This revision will highlight the African-American contribution to UM worship, discuss at greater length what the various worship styles mean for us today, say more about the formative nature of worship, and include updated resources including the Abingdon Worship Annual, the Abingdon Preaching Annual, and WorshipConnection.
- Explains basic resources for planning and leading worship.
- Gives the basic pattern of UM worship and its origins.
- Gives practical suggestions how to renew and revitalize worship.
- Helps pastors be effective leaders in planning and revitalizing worship.
- Helps pastors understand and communicate the uniqueness of UM worship.
- Helps pastors lead their congregation into a deeper and richer experience of God through worship.
- Author(s)Hoyt L Hickman
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Out-of-print date14/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width147 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.