All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionW.H. Friedrich's Verwundung und Tod in Der Ilias , originally published in 1956, discusses in detail the plausibility (or otherwise) of the wounds received on the Homeric battlefield and is therefore of considerable interest to historians of medicine. It also makes a serious and sustained effort to grapple with the question of style, and thus confronts an issue which oral theory has scarcely touched. Peter Jones adds a preface briefly locating the work within the terms of oral theory. A medical analyses in a full appendix is also added.
- Author BiographyPeter Jones is one of the best-known figures in the teaching and appreciation of the Classics. Co-founder of Friends of Classics, he has published widely on Homer and is a regular contributor to national newspapers. Gabriele Wright studied English, Classics and Italian at Cologne and Princeton and has taught Greek at Newcastle University.....
- Author(s)Wolf-Hartmut Friedrich
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Weight468 g
- Width760 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byPeter Jones,Gabriele Wright
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.