Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTrauma has become a hotly contested topic in literary studies. But interest in trauma is t new; its roots extend to the Romantic period, when velists and the first psychiatrists influenced each others' investigations of the wounded mind . This book looks back to these early attempts to understand trauma, reading a selection of Romantic vels in dialogue with Romantic and contemporary psychiatry. It then carries that dialogue forward to postmodern fiction, examining further how empirical approaches can deepen our theorizations of trauma. Within an interdisciplinary framework, this study reveals fresh insights into the poetics, politics, and ethics of trauma fiction.
- Author BiographyChrista Schonfelder teaches English literature at the University of Zurich. Her research interests include Romanticism, postmodern fiction, trauma theory, and gender studies.
- Author(s)Christa Schonfelder
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Weight550 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.